Friday, February 1, 2008

Life After Divorce

Is there life after divorce? And if there is, what is it like? Those are questions I now have to ask myself as my life undergoes enormous changes. Our situation is unusual in that even though we are divorced, we are still living together until we sell our house. (The good news is that we have accepted an offer and the contract is in the attorney review stage, so this phase should be over within 8 weeks or so.) During this period, we are sort of in limbo -- not really married, and not really divorced.

I've been married for 25 years, and returning to single life is going to be a very strange experience indeed. I was married so young that I don't really have much experience as a single adult. Much of the experience I do have is not applicable to the much older person that I am now.

My friends and family have been very supportive, so I think I will make it. I know it's a cliche to say I'm going to take things "one day at a time" (as if there were any other way), but that's just what I plan to do.

1 comment:

Sentinel said...

I feel your pain and am here to provide some empathy and support, if I am able. I, too, created a blog for the very reason you did but I removed it after many months of inactivity. Maybe I'll recreate it. Sad that so many men have their heads in the sand... anyway, I was divorced 3 years ago and am saddled with temporary alimony for 3 more years. VERY adversarial divorce and it remains so. I've remarried recently (no, I didn't go looking for that!) so if I can help in any way, drop me a line.